Thursday, 8 April 2010

Identity

Well... Easter is done with and it finally feels proper springy and the fact summer (if we get anything resembling one) is only weeks away!! This means I am back in the zone weightwatchers wise, saying no to biscuits, and even avoided a carvery lunch today! Will all be worth it. Measured my waist at work today (not completely random, Vicki the health development officer sits opposite me and got a tape measure out) and my waist is a few cm within the healthy radius, compared to what it would have been 12 months ago that makes me very happy!!

Friday tomorrow which is just awesome, having a nice quiet weekend, need to really start studying (employment law and employment relations how exciting) but despite that am looking forward to the weekend!! Andrea's last day in our department tomorrow though which is v sad.

Have had some busy weekends recently. Spent a weekend in Cardiff (which included the rocky horror show live) which was awesome. Spent a weekend in Frankfurt which was also awesome (see pic of moi and
beer attached!!) And have had some meals/nights out with friends etc, did the 6 mile canal walk the other day flanked by pubs on either side which was great fun again. So looking forward to a lazy one this weekend :-)



Anyway, enough random chat. The election was announced officially finally on Tuesday. 6th May it will be. I am very excited about it all though apprehensive, as I don't think Labour will win which in my opinion would suck. The thought of David Cameron as PM and some of the idiots he surrounds himself with as the cabinet scares me quite a lot. However. Cannot wait for the leadership debates etc and am loving reading the broadsheets (namely Times and Guardian) and feeling informed and staying up-to-date on this election, reading blogs etc about it all. Am getting kind of tempted to get truly involved (now I am an actual member of the Labour party I am getting emails with details of how to) but it is q a daunting prospect, and my damned exams should probably take priority.

At the moment I am also generally just loving lots of books and telly and it all got me thinking that I feel like I properly am enjoying MY interests and am being true to MY identity for the first time in a couple of years (and I do only mean a couple of years as in since early 08) and I am loving it!! (How ridiculously cheesy was that sentence, ugh).

Anyway. This is my longest blog thingy ever. I totally write these for me, can't imagine anyone else reading them anyway and I am not sure I would want anyone I know to read them. Does that sound weird?

Anyway, enough ramblings from me. Some Masters golf and Europa League action to watch!! xx :-)


No comments: